Time: 30-35 minutes (10 minutes prep time, 20-25 minutes cook time)
Need a breakfast on the go? These egg muffins are essentially portable
omelets. Packed with veggies like zucchini, bell pepper, and onion, you
start off the day getting in a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals. Like
most egg dishes, you can feel free to experiment with different veggies,
like mushrooms and spinach.
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive
oil 1 large chopped zucchini
1 diced bell pepper
½ cup chopped
onion 8 whole eggs
Salt to taste
Black pepper to
1. Pour oil into a skillet and heat on medium-high.
2. When hot, add zucchini, bell pepper, and onion.
3. Stir and cook for 6 minutes or so, until the veggies are tender.
4. Preheat your oven to 350-degrees.
5. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add salt and pepper.
6. Spray a muffin tin.
7. Pour in the egg muffins evenly into the muffin cups.
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the eggs are set.
They will be a little puffy.
NutritionalInfo (⅙ recipe per
serving) Total calories: 121